"Flaming Red " (Idea for a musical)

Sets in England between two High School students Rose and Robert.Rose falls inlove with Robert and paints her hair Flaming Red,Robert is not interested in her because she´s overweight and he thinks her friends are loud and obnotious.
That´s when Robert get´s in touch with Robert2,who ´s Robert in a paralel universe,called Universe2.In this universe he´s happily married with Rose after the death of his parents.
Roberts life passes by and he keeps in touch with Robert2.Untill 10 years later Robert and Rose meet eachother again as office co-workers,and toghether they discover they have alot in comun.Slowly Robert starts to regret he had treated Rose so badly in the past,and starts falling inlove with her,but something between them is impossible because she is about to marry Rover,an american guy,from Dover,she met on a dating website.
Roberts life starts downspiraling and Robert2 tries to get him toghether.The story happens between the years 2001 and 2041.


One of the songs :
"Getting aquainted"
Robert and Rose are chatting in the office during lunch time

Robert:Do you like fish?
Rose: Yes,I do.Do you like chips?
Robert:I´ll have two.Do you like dancing,singing,laughing and romancing?
Rose:Yes I do.
Robert:Do you still read Edgar Allan Poe?
Rose:Yes,I still keep the book you torn apart,when we where at school.
Robert:Do you have a pet?
Rose:I have a cat.Stop talking like it´s the first time we´ve met.
Robert:So,will it be better if we went out,and you had a cuppa tea with me?
Rose:I have a boyfriend.
Robert:I don´t deserve this.
Rose:I met him in Ok Cupid,his name is Rover,he is american,he lives in Dover.
Robert:I´m not listening anymore,my flaming red.
Rose:I was never yours.So keep your tears.And don´t you cry for what it should´ve been.


Co workers get together at lunchtime and start gossiping about Robert and Rose
Song (Girl on your mind)

Boss:
He´s gotta girl on his mind
He stalks her on facebook
Dita:
And never is offline
Boss:
And when his heart is racing hot
He knows he´s gotta girl on his mind
Robert:
Excuse,me.What is everybody talking about?
All the co workers
You got a girl on your mind
Girl on your mind
Dita:
Always obsessing
About your Ex
Boss:
Bet he doesn´t take his clothes off
When he´s having sex



Other song
"The prostitute"
Robert is 35 and goes to New York,where he meets a prostitute who reminds him of Rose,when he was young.
Robert:I want your service,I think it´s urgent.I´m going wild,i´m growing old,i´m going bald.I had a girl,she looked like you.
Prostitute:Was she an american too?
Robert:She was my flaming red.She was like fire.She spreaded out to me like lusts desire.Whenever she looked at me tears would fall out.I felt so loud I feld so proud,when she was mine.
Prostitute:Well,if you want me to be all that for at least 4 hours it will be,like,$200.
Robert:I want you all night long I´ll pay you $1000.
They go to a  room at the Hilton

Robert:Put on these,glasses,this uniform,and read this book.
Prostitute:Edgar Allan Poe!I´d like to have a look.
Robert:Now,say you love me,that you adore me.That you´ve spent the evening with your friends just speaking of me.
Prostitute:Wow!The Raven is a really cool poem!!!
Robert takes the book from the sex worker
Robert:Stop reading and do your work properly.Can´t you see what´s down my pants it´s burning for you.
Prostitute:Yeah,like,I´m inlove with you and stuff,me and the guys are all about you and stuff,now I´m going to take my clothes off and fuck you and stuff.
Robert:That´s better.
Lights go off

Next morning the prostitute wakes up in the morning and sings her monologue
Prudence:
And here I am
Another morning
There goes prince charming(As If!)
I´m all alone

Isn´t Ironic
Here in my life
When I take off my clothes
I dress up in someone elses fantasy

My name is Prudence
I am somebody
Not just a body
I´m into poetry,philosophy,anthropology
Law and Ethnomusicology

You see my life wasn´t always like this
My father´s rich i´m the south
I come from Kansas city
I´ll be twenty one in October
I´m still so young

I´ve got all my life ahead of my
So this time It´s me who will have
Fufilled my fantasies

I´m leaving Broadway
Going to college
I´m going to leave this life behind
Look out ma´and pa´ I´ll be home again

I´ll ride the grayhound
Back to Kansas City
There´s alot of me to see
Not gonna be a sell out show anymore

Look out
Harvard Law
Here i come!

Robert is about to kill himself in his 40th birthday,when Robert2 arrives and makes him and offer,to transfer his soul to his body in Universe2 during the year 2001,when he was still young and have, Rose "Flaming Red",for the rest of life.

Robert2:What are you doing with yourself?
Have you lost your mind?
This poison,this evil poison
Everything you´ve done in life
Have become poison

You´re going old
You´re growing cold
You are the man who chose the shadows

(Spoken)
" Put some senses in your life lad
There´s allways a choice
Allways another way to go
No matter how bad it gets"
Robert2 aproaches Robert,grabs the gobblet with poison and throws it away

Just put on a smile and join me
Life will smile to you again
In my world science is so advanced
Timetravelling is so easy
There is allways a second chance!

Robert:

Now I can see the hope
I have been waiting for years
I won´t think twice
What is the price?
There will be no more tears

Robert2:
(Spoken)

" Just hold my hand
You will be grasped by a gentle sleep
Your soul will leave your body
And when you wake up
You will be seventeen
And you will be me"

Robert and Robert2 hold hands and Robert falls into the stage

When he wakes up he is seventeen again,he looks at the mirror puts on a smile,puts on his uniform and goes to school.On his way to school he sees Rose and he kisses her lips sweetly.
And says,
Robert: My flaming red!

Rose start´s to sing "If you´re trouble"

Rose :

If you are trouble
Rain down on me
Make me wet
Bring your storm
Bring your thunder
Bring your flood on me
Darling,if you´re trouble
Bring me more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urros e sussurros

"Folhas de outono" (Versão em portugues para "Somebody that i used to know")

Little hearts made of clay